Microsoft will release the latest version of Windows Mobile Phone Version 6.5, this will deliver a new experience to the customers of Windows Mobile users and fans. It will be available to all stores after 6 Oct 2009.
Microsoft is promising to give people a single Windows Mobile Phone which will work for their whole life.
Partners and Mobile operators from around the Globe are supporting and upgrading themselves to include Windows Mobile Phone Version 6.5. Mobile operators are AT&T, Bell Mobility, Sprint, TELUS and Verizon Wireless, Orange, Deutsche Telekom AG, Vodafone Group Plc, NTT DOCOMO Inc., SOFTBANK Mobile Corp., SK Telecom, Telstra and WILLCOM Inc., TIM Brazil, and phone manufacturers HTC, LG Electronics, Acer Inc., Sony Ericsson, Toshiba, HP, and Samsung are the main role players.
Features of Windows Mobile Phone Version 6.5 are as follows:
1. Ideal device for work and play.
2. Windows promises the consumers to give same experience like PCs.
3. Newly designed Internet Explorer Mobile Browser includes new engine and built in Adobe Flash Lite support for better rendering and completion of tasks.
4. You can check Flight tickets, getting directions and pay your bills while on the go.
5. Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile delivers a familiar, consistent e-mail experience across the PC, phone and browser.
7. Users of Windows Mobile Phone can keep track of friends in one place, no matter which social networking sites they belong to — Facebook, Twitter or MySpace Windows Live or Orkut.
8. A wide variety of approved and certified applications for Windows Mobile Phone will be available for direct download to Windows phones from Windows Marketplace for Mobile, and an easy return policy will lets customers buy with confidence.
9. The free My Phone service for Windows Mobile Phone allows customers to automatically back up and sync photos, music, contacts and text messages from their phone to the Web, making it easy to access and manage them from their phone or PC or restore the information in the event of a lost phone.
10. Windows Mobile Phones give consumers the choice of a broad selection of form factors from sleek, touch-screen devices to full QWERTY keyboards to make it easy to find a phone that fits their needs.
11. Windows Mobile 6.5 provides easy access to third-party applications such as Facebook, Netflix and Zagat.
12. With the new version of Windows Mobile Phone, users can change the look and feel of their phones with designer themes or a personal background and customize their home screen with widgets so the information they need is always easy to find.
It is going to be a Tough Competition between Andriod, Windows Mobile Phone, and Symbian globally. It will be of no use of these features and hardwares if all of these can’t release or sell cheaper handsets in India. Let’s see what these giants can offer to the Indian Mobile Users.