- The biggest percentage of the world’s tobacco is grown in China.
- Tobacco is a poisonous plant. The poison in it is Nicotine as a natural defense, to keep bugs away from eating their leaves.
- Smoking is the second major cause of death worldwide.
- Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths per year.
- Most smokers smoked their first cigarette before the age of 18 years.
- On average, smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier than non smokers.
- There are 250 million smokers in India.
- Over 2,000 years ago, South American Cultures began using tobacco.
- Brazilian peoples invented cigarettes by rolling tobacco leaves in paper.
- Christopher Columbus took tobacco leaves back to Queen Isabella of Spain.
- Several Countries outlawed tobacco use in the 1600s. In Turkey during that period, tobacco users could be tortured or killed. In China, a person caught with tobacco might be beheaded. In Russia, tobacco users who were caught a second time were killed.
- During World War 1st and 2nd, Soldiers were given cigarettes as part of their rations.
- The first report to link smoking to certain diseases was published in 1859.
- Thomas Edison and Henry Ford both declared tobacco use should be banned.
So, friends i request you to quit tobacco by any mean;
Visit below link to have A-Z information about tobacco along with photographs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco Here you can get the Latest "Top Tobacco Headlines" from around the world.
http://www.tobacco.org/ And now if you think at least a bit to quit tobacco than read(click) the following link about "Stopping smoking tips and truth".
OK bye up to the next post.
*Quit tobacco because it harms you and your love ones too*