I am using Picasa on my pc with Windows for all my in house Image editing and Photo collection needs. I have one more PC, on which I use to work on Linux. Many time I felt the need of Picasa on my Linux PC. There are plenty of Image and Photo editing software available under Linux OS, as Linux users knows it very well. But Picasa has its own different advantages and feel. Its free Image and Photo editing software. You can easily edit your image or photos, make wallpapers, collages, slideshows, watermark signatures.
If you are Linux user and already knows about the Picasa software, than go directly to free Picasa download for Linux at, http://picasa.google.com/linux/ .
For the new users of Picasa on Linux below are the few properties/pc configuration of Latest version of Picasa / Picasa3.
Using Picasa on your pc you can do the following things :-
- You can manage your photos in one place.
- You can eliminate scratches & blemishes, fix red-eye, crop the images in very simple way.
- You can make your own wallpapers, collages, slideshows.
- You can easily upload your photos to Picasa Web Album, and share it with your friends and family.
- Its very fast, easy, having lots of effects, tuning.
- You can add Texts, Watermarks signatures, vary the sizes of your photos.
- You can print the photos in different sizes, styles, quality, and all with the good looking previews.
System Requirements :-
- Linux system with x86-compatible processor.
- Glibc 2.3.2 or greater, and a working X11 display system.
- 256MB RAM Minimum.
- 100MB available hard disk space.
- Desktop Integration features require a current version of Gnome or KDE.
- Downloading from Picasa Web Albums requires a Mozilla-based browser like Firefox.
Download the Picasa 3 for Linux beta at http://picasa.google.com/linux/ .
Keep searching like SearchFreak with Himanshu Kumar