Many Windows users may not be knowing about Linux and its different distributions. Like windows, having many versions Ex. Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista; Linux is also a OS having many or you can say lots of distributions, Ex. Mandriva, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix, Open SUSE and and lots more.
One of the Linux OS distribution is Mandriva, & here I am going to guide you little on this (Mandriva). Mandriva Linux is the leader in innovative and easy to use Linux desktops, Mandriva Linux 2009 is one of the most ground-breaking release in this year (2009).
Linux Mandriva 2009 introduced KDE 4 (K Desktop Environment, K has no meaning)- specifically, 4.1.2 - as the default desktop. This major new release of KDE promises to revolutionize the desktop experience. Other major new software versions include GNOME 2.24, OpenOffice.org 3.0, and Mozilla Firefox 3. The Linux kernel version is 2.6.27.
Mandriva Linux 2009 is hardware compatible. It support for a wide range of netbooks, including all newly available Asus Eee PC models, the Acer Aspire One, the MSI Wind, and many. You can Download Mandriva Linux 2009 One or Download Mandriva Linux 2009 Free, or buy the boxed, download or subscription Powerpack commercial edition from the Mandriva Store.
New features of Mandriva Linux 2009 are as follows:-
New desktop shell, Plasma, where each desktop entity - icons, folders, applets, the panel, launchers - are a special form of widget called a plasmoid, giving unprecedented flexibility.
- New multimedia framework, Phonon, provides sophisticated multimedia capabilities to all KDE applications.
- Support for advanced visual effects in the KD window manager.
- Many new applications, including the file manager Dolphin, document viewer Okular, and media player Dragon Player.
- Nepomuk metadata framework allows you to tag and rate files in any KDE application.
On a fresh Mandriva Linux 2009 system, you can install the complete KDE 3.5.10 environment by simply installing the package task-kde3, and if you wish to upgrade to Mandriva Linux 2009 from a previous Mandriva Linux release and preserve your KDE 3 environment, you can do so by doing a network installation or a live upgrade via MandrivaOnline applet.
Hardware requirements for Mandriva2009 Linux:-
- Processor: Any Intel®, AMD or VIA processor.
- RAM: 512MB minimum, 1GB recommended.
- Hard disk: 2GB minimum, 6GB recommended.
- Graphics card: NVIDIA®, ATITM, Intel®, SiS, Matrox,VIA. 3D desktop functionality requires an NVIDIA GeForce (up to 8800), ATITM Radeon 7000 to HD 3870, or Intel® i845 to x4500HD.
- 3D acceleration is supported on most capable hardware. For more details, check the hardware compatibility database.
- Sound cards: All Sound Blaster, AC97 and HDA compatible cards are supported. Note: Creative Labs X-Fi cards are not currently supported.
- DVD drive required.
- SATA, IDE, SCSI, SAS: most controllers are supported in non-RAID mode, and some are supported in RAID mode.
List is not exhaustive: certain hardware not listed may also be supported. For more information, visit: http://hcl.mandriva.com
One gives you easy and free access to the official Mandriva Linux 2009 software repositories, containing more than 20,000 packages. One, the Linux desktop which adapts to your chosen environment. One is offered as a direct download with the KDE environment. You can also download it with the GNOME environment. For each environment, there are three versions of One with different languages available. You just have to pick the version that suits you!
To Download Mandriva Linux One 2009 free Click http://www.mandriva.com/en/download/free
Get Mandriva Linux 2009 Release Tour at http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Tour
Get Mandriva Linux Release Notes at http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Notes
Get Mandriva Linux Errata at http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Errata