GIMP is a Fantastic, Free Software, Easy, Professional, Powerful, Photography Editing Software, Image editor, Image Manipulation Program, Photo Retouching, Image Composition and Image Authoring, and, … and … and … anything you can imagine with Image or Photography.
It has many powerful tools and capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc. You can make your own designer, animated, professional wallpapers. You can put your image in front of statue of Liberty, or in front TajMahal or attach it with your favourite celebrity.
It can 100% (one hundred percent) replace the Professional paid Image or Photo Editing Softwares available in the market.. you can say GIMP is the replacement for all Image or Photo Editing paid Softwares.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything you can imagine about the Image or Photography. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation or editing procedures to be easily scripted.
GIMP is developed under X11 on UNIX platforms. But basically the same code or software also runs on MS Windows and Mac OS X.
Below are the very few Features and Capabilities list of GIMP.
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space.
- Virtually unlimited number of images can be open at one time.
- Advanced Manipulation.
- Full alpha channel support.
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace).
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
- Selection tools including rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy.
- Foreground extraction tool.
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
- Transformable paths, transformable selections.
- Quickmask to paint a selection.
- A Procedural Database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs as in Script-fu.
- Advanced scripting capabilities (Scheme, Python, Perl).
- Plug-ins which allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters for GIMP.
- Over 100 plug-ins already available for GIMP.
- Animation capability.
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format.
- MNG support.
- Frame Navigator (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- Onion Skin (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- Bluebox (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package).
- File formats supported include bmp, gif, JPEG, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and many others.
- Load, display, convert, save to many file formats
- SVG path import/export.
All of the above features and capabilities of GIMP or really only few… I will request to all Image and Photography enthusiast to download GIMP and do practice of it, you will throw your photoshop or all your professional Image or Photography editing softwares. It is frequently updated.
In the first time of its use by you, you will not be able to realise its potential or power, you will feel that it is not so professional, or it is having not much capabilities. But the solution for this is to give time to it, for learning. You will have to give at least 1 month of time with continuous use of GIMP, to get understand the function and capabilities of GIMP Image or Photo Editor. It runs very good on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, Mac OS X.
Ok, Now get Free Download, Use and Distribution of GIMP Image or Photo Editor click this link. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ .
Or you may want to visit the home site of GIMP, visit this link http://www.gimp.org/ .
Liked my post ? Subscribe my writing in you E-mail... put your E-mail address in "subscribe post as E-mail". Keep visiting searchfreak.blogspot.com.